Friday, October 10, 2008

Fools

I finally had a breakthrough with my car driving anxiety. I am always on edge when there are other drivers on the road, mostly when they're behind me. I pretty much always go the speed limit, maybe 5 above at times, and I coast whenever I can. The reason I drive this way is pretty much all about the money (and, well, obviously safety). I don't want to get a ticket and I want to economize on gas whenever I can. Anyways, the anxiety comes from people tailgating me, always wanting to go faster than me, me feeling bad when I pull out in front of someone who wants to go faster. I get way too upset when these things happen.

So, the breakthrough was this: you don't own the freakin' road. Simple I know, but everyone should have this outlook when they're controlling a multi-ton hunk of metal on narrow, windy, deer strewn road-ways. And I don't even want to think about highways right now. That's a whole other pop-a-blood-vessel situation. What makes these speedsters think they have the right to get irate and give dirty looks when they're the ones breaking the speed limit and endangering lives?

I can understand speeding if you're late getting to wherever you're going, but really, what's with the big rush? We all need to learn how to s l o w d o w n . I went on a very enjoyable, beautiful walk yesterday down a dirt road in the country. I made it a point to walk slowly, and it was wonderful. I noticed so much more and actually had the time to enjoy and contemplate my surroundings.

I suppose I'm just not for the fast-paced. I'm for observing and fully taking in your surroundings. This probably explains why I'm so patient. Espcially when working on the same art project for hours and hours. See, my art tied into this whole thing.

Oh, and here are a few pictures I took today while ambling along:

I just can't get the camera to capture the colors correctly. I am a very amateur photographer, heh.

No comments: