Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A start out

Oh no, does this make me a "blogger?"

All well, I made this to talk about my arts & craftings. I'm pretty motivated to make this work. I've sold 6 paintings so far. 5 on Etsy (http://spacekadetkat.etsy.com) and 1 in real life. It's made me optimistic that people will spend money on art still. I mean, I would if I had money. But art's really important and I'm happy that some people like mine.

So...I just bought 72 guitar picks for $10 on Ebay, and hope to win 200 earring hooks for $1. I know it's well worn territory, but I've always wanted to make guitar pick earrings. Plus, I'll probably only sell them for around $5.

Barrettes are coming soon as well. They're already made, but my camera just broke and I'm waiting to borrow one from a friend. I made them out of felt and attached them to a large bobby pin-esque clip that I think will work better than one of those clasping barrette things.

Perhaps I'm being foolish, but maybe I can make a living off of art income and a low paying job. I just don't want to have a constricting "career." Ahhh, scary! I have a feeling I'm just being very naive right now, heh. But I don't want to rant so much on this blog, so I'll leave it at "I never want to get stuck behind a desk."

So, if anybody actually read this...goodbye! I mean until next time.

No comments: